Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summertime and Chocolate Cake!

How is it that during the summer when we are not schooling and we are supposed to have so much time for other activities . . . we are soooo busy!?!  I have had several blogging ideas the last couple of weeks, and so little time to blog.

Tonight's blog is is more like a confession!!!  A couple of months ago I received an email that had the title "5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake."  Well I have to admit that I delete a lot of emails in a day . . . you know the endless forwards, etc. that come from who knows where . . . but this one said something about chocolate so I kept it ;D !!!  Anyway, it was several days later before I actually opened it to see what it was . . . MISTAKE!

I never would have believed that it was true, but this cake is fabulous!!!  And so easy!!!  Too easy, if you get my drift! 

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake ~

4 Tablespoons flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional - I left these out!)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Microwave safe)

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.  Add the egg and mix thoroughly.  Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.  Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.  Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.  The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!  Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.  EAT!  (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)

The email also said that this is the MOST DANGEROUS cake recipe in the world!!

I have made it approximately 4 times in the last week and a half -- but not for me, of course!!!!   :D 

1 comment: