Monday, March 14, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I know I am still straying here . . . but couldn't resist sharing this muffin recipe.  It is one that frequents our home.  Last week I made four batches.  Of course, last week I splurged and added chocolate chips to the recipe.  Maybe that is why they kept disappearing :D  !!!

As a side note, last fall after halloween our local grocery store put their pumpkins on sale for 99 cents.  Not per pound, mind you, any pumpkin, any size, 99 cents!!  Well, I couldn't resist.  I bought two of the biggest pumpkins I could find and for a couple of days, I canned and froze pumpkin.  If I remember correctly the smaller of the two pumpkins yielded 7 pints - and of course we had a quart jar almost full of yummy roasted & salted pumpkin seeds.  Anyway, all that said, my family is not crazy about pumpkin unless it is in a pie or in a muffin . . .


Pumpkin Muffins ~

1 cup freshly ground soft white wheat (may use all purpose)
3/4 cup unbleached flour (may use all purpose or more soft white)
1/2 cup Sucanat (may use sugar)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk (I used that powdered milk from the last post ;) )
1/3 cooking oil

1/2 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 cup chopped nuts (my preference is pecans - also optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (OPTIONAL)

Grease muffin tin.  Preheat oven 350 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl stir together all dry ingredients, including cinnamon & nutmeg.  Add wet ingredients and pumpkin.  Stir until just moistened.  Add optional nuts or chocolate chips at this time.  Spoon mixture into greased tin.  Bake 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment